SAMPADA ENTREPRENEURSHIP & LIVELIHOODS FOUNDATION:
SAMPADA Entrepreneurship & Livelihoods Foundation (SELF) is professionally managed organization formed under Indian Companies Act 1956, Section 25, a Not for Profit company having Corporate Identity Number – U93000PN2013NPL 146521 dated 06-03-2013. Its registered office at ‘Sampada’, Behind Market Yard, Ahmednagar 414001. It is derived from a group of NGOs consisting of parent organization Watershed Organization Trust (WOTR), Sampada Trust both based in Ahmednagar as well as Sanjeevani Institute for Empowerment & Development (SIED), Aurangabad, and all three institutes registered under Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950.
WOTR has globally known organization acclaimed for its work in participatory watershed development and innovating solutions for climate change adaption. WOTR is working in collaboration with Government of India, NABARD and world-renowned development agencies.
Over the period of more than two decade’s experience of work in a social segment of rural Maharashtra WOTR / SAMPADA Group has formulated Organizational Policy & Work Strategy for SELF.
The Aims and objectives to promote Sec 25 Company are as follows
- Betterment of the community specially empowering women from the poor, marginalized, disadvantaged and the resource fragile areas.
- Building capacities of the women to mainstream them through training, counseling, developing leadership and mobilizing them & organizing in Self Help Groups (SHGs) & Joint Liability Groups (JLGs).
- Providing inputs on financial Literacy, capability and importance of savings, thrift and loans leading to financial inclusion.
- Providing training for developing entrepreneurship skills and startup of small & micro enterprises that provide various livelihoods opportunities.
- Provide the financial assistance through Self Help Groups (SHG), Joint Liability Groups (JLG) for the startup of microenterprises that support livelihoods and leads women empowerment in rural areas.